No doubt many of you might be dreaming of becoming a doctor, and from among them, some are even thinking of being an anesthesiologist. Well, it is very good of you dreaming of raising up to a profession considered a lifesaver and helpful. But before starting your studies for this profession, you should be well aware of its works and its study. Here’s something that will enlighten you in this regard.
What is anesthesiology?
Anesthesiology Is the medical practice dedicated to the following:
• Complete care of the patient before, during, and after the operation and also to provide relief from the pain by childbirth.
• Critical care medicine.
• Treatment of chronic pain.
Anesthesiology has made advancement over the years and proved to be very safe. Its practice has saved thousands of people from death. There are several types of anesthesia, like general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and sedation anesthesia. The best for a patient is chosen considering the patient’s medical history and the planned procedure for operation.
There are several experts like narinder s. grewal who has been in his career as an anesthesiologist from the last 30 years. Going through his career records will give the right reason for why should choose anesthesiologist as your career.
What does anesthesiologist do?
An anesthesiologist is responsible for the well-being of the patient before, during, and after the surgery. He has to do the following:
• Determine if it is safe to carry on the surgery with anesthesia.
• Ensure the unconsciousness of the patient during general anesthesia when the operation is going on.
• Monitor and maintain the vital signs of life in a patient like breath and heartbeat.
• Minimize the stress response of operation to the patient for faster recovery.
Choosing anesthesiologist as a career option, but at the same time, you should be determined during the path to being an anesthesiologist as it demands concentration and commitment. So you should be familiar with the field before choosing it.